What We Believe
- That Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God; and, as such, is Head of His body, the Church. (Matthew 16:16; Colossians 1:18)
- That He died to atone for the sins of all people and that He was raised from the dead for their justification. (Romans 4:25)
- That people are justified by faith in Him according to the terms of the Gospel laid down in the New Testament. (John 3:16; Acts 2:38; Romans 10:9-10)
- That the Holy Spirit lives in all Christians, gifting them for ministry, and producing the fruit of the Spirit. (I Corinthians 12:4; Galatians 5:22-23)
- That the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that the New Testament is the all sufficient guide for the teaching, organization, and life of the Church. (II Timothy 3:14-16)
- That we seek the unity of all believers by practicing biblical Christianity. (John 17:20; Ephesians 4:1-13)
- That the mission of the Church worldwide is evangelism and Christian nurture. (Matthew 28:18-20).
Alberta Bible College is accredited by the Association of Biblical Higher Education (ABHE).
What Makes Us Stand Out
ABC is committed to your education, its usefulness to the church and society we live in, as well as its recognition that lives on the cutting edge of modern educational models seeking to find and develop the skills, knowledge and attitude within our students. This is achieved through linking classroom study with practical hands on experience to deeply integrate knowledge with action. This is at the heart of our unique transformational learning model. Our Director of Learning Services Dr. Ron Fraser recently received the nationally prestigious award from the Canadian Association for Curriculum Studies for his doctorate dissertation. With over 25 years of experience Dr. Fraser is a recognized expert in pedagogy, the development and implementation of instruction strategies.
In addition to classroom study we have developed a support network around our students to help them to succeed in every area of their lives. Students spend time working one-on-one with a professional career and life coach to help set personal and career goals and understand the path they need to follow for these goals to be achieved.
ABC began in the midst of the Great Depression July, 1932. The elders of the Lethbridge Church of Christ gave their minister, Charles H. Phillips, authorization to found a college and to devote the necessary time to teaching. The College was a child of vision and faith and of the urgent need to equip servant leaders to serve the Great Commission through the church in the growing Canadian West.
Now located in Calgary, Alberta, ABC has reason to be proud of her record. Graduates of ABC serve the ministries of many churches across Canada. ABC graduates also serve in the United States, and account for cross-cultural initiatives in twenty-one foreign countries. A number work in para-church ministries. Many others serve Christ in numerous non-professional avenues. 70% of her degree graduates are engaged in full time ministry and 1,081 alumni (thirty-two hours study credits or more), account for an influence beyond their numbers, around the world.
Alberta Bible College is committed to your education, and its usefulness to the church and society we live in, as well as its recognition by the larger academic community. Therefore, ABC maintains the following memberships and associations:
- The Government of Alberta, by a special act of incorporation, granted Alberta Bible College a charter to grant degrees, diplomas, and certificates;
- The Canada Student Loans Plan recognizes Alberta Bible College as a designated institution;
- Member of the Canadian Council of Christian Charities;
- Member of the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada;
- Most Canadian Bible Colleges have accepted Alberta Bible College credit transfer;
- Most seminaries and Christian graduate schools in Canada and the United States have accepted Alberta Bible College degrees as meeting their entrance requirements;
- Various Canadian universities have granted transfer of credit for certain ABC courses.
- Alberta Bible College is accredited with ABHE.