By the end of this course, the student will:
- Read key selections from the Hebrew Bible.
- Know the order and basic content of each book of the Hebrew Bible.
- Understand, remember, and creatively. summarize the overarching story of the Hebrew Bible.
- Locate the story of the Hebrew Bible within the historical Ancient Near Eastern context in which it was first told and written.
- Articulate how the story of the Hebrew Bible integrates with his or her own life journey.
- Possess a foundation from which to pursue further studies of the Hebrew Bible and Christian scriptures.
This course surveys the books of the Hebrew Bible with particular attention paid to the history of the Israelite nation within the context of the Ancient Near East.
This course is a prerequisite for:
- B211 The Pentateuch
- B311 The Books of Poetry and Wisdom
- B312 Prophetic Literature
- B313 Old Testament Historical Books
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
Curriculum is empty