why this course?
This course allows students to practice writing and delivering a variety of speeches in an encouraging environment. Explore your public speaking style and voice, and increase your confidence when speaking in front of others - an invaluable set of skills
audit for $375
Auditing means you are not required to complete assignments and the professor will not be reviewing your work. We strongly recommend full participation for maximum value.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Clearly and confidently deliver a variety of oral presentations
- Embrace and hone their own unique speaking style
- Employ an audience-centred approach when preparing to speak in public
- Explain basic communication theory
- Apply best practices for the use of visual aids during presentations
- Identify what makes a good listener and apply these skills
- Articulate the elements of a good story and apply them in their own story writing and telling
- Write and deliver an ethical persuasive speech
- Write and deliver their personal testimony authentically
- Exhibit an understanding of non-verbal communication
This course explores what communication actually is and how to ensure the message that is sent is what is actually perceived and understood, via both verbal and nonverbal communication. Students will develop and deliver oral presentations.
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 0
- Duration College Semester
- Skill level Level 100
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
I’ve had the joy and privilege of teaching Communications Theory at ABC for 3 years. I am a communications professional with over 12 years of experience in many aspects of the field including internal/external relations, communications planning and strategy, media relations and technical writing. I am a wife and mama to two young children and worship lead at Centre Street Church. I am also on the leadership team of Harmony through Harmony (non-profit choir that uses music to raise awareness about and funds for anti human trafficking efforts and organizations) and volunteer in the massage parlour outreach with EmergeFree.