- I belong in this academic community: I can succeed
- My ability and competence will grow with my effort
- This work has value and value for me
- To provide a foundation for understanding contemporary social thought and trends
- To prepare the student for further academic work in the social sciences
- To acquaint the student with the complexities of thinking Christianly about Canadian society
- To cause the student to feel the force of well-crafted arguments, especially when their conclusions from his or her own view
- To help the student appreciate the beauty of new insights
- To initiate the student into the realm of fundamental social ideas
Henslin, James M. et al. Sociology: A Down-to-Earth Approach. 6th Canadian ed. Toronto: Pearson Education Canada, 2014. [ISBN:978-0205844623]
Students will be provided with a complimentary G251 course package through their Populi account.
Students are responsible for any content sent to their ABC e-mail by their instructor.
This course introduces sociology and social research methodology. The course also explores and analyzes key elements of contemporary Canadian society with a view to communicating the gospel to our culture.
- Lectures 14
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Lifetime access
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes