why this course?
I am looking to better understand myself, live my purpose, listen to God, and be transformed through tough transitions of my life.
audit for $375
Enter "AUDIT-PACE" in the coupon code at checkout in order to not take the course for credit. Auditing means you are not required to complete assignments and the professor will not be reviewing your work. We strongly recommend full participation for maximum value.
During the successful completion of this course, students will:
- Explore transition in the context of your personal narrative and God’s invitation to adventure in shaping the world.
- Develop a theology of work by studying biblical characters.
- Engage spiritual practices that strengthen your awareness of God’s presence each day as well as in making major decisions.
- Develop greater self-understanding through the Enneagram and other learning activities.
- Create a Rule of Life that acknowledges growing self-understanding and rhythms that will be helpful as an adult student.
- Make an oral presentation that weaves together your reflection on transition and calling in the life of a biblical character and explore how that story resonates with your own.
- Grow in confidence and abilities as an adult learner.
Bridges, William. The Way of Transition: Embracing Life’s Most Difficult Moments. Cambridge, MA: DeCapo Press, 2001.
Cron, Ian Morgan, and Suzanne Stabile. The Road Back to You: An Enneagram Journey to Self- discovery. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2016.
Judy, Dwight H. Discerning Life Transitions: Listening Together in Spiritual Direction. New York, NY: Morehouse Publishing, 2010.
Within community and alongside an exploration of their personal narratives, students will consider five themes: transition, work, vocational call, personality theory, and discernment as they seek to find and follow the particular direction and purpose that God intends for them.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Level 300
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Weekly Lectures 5
You May Like
Enrollment opening soon