why this course?
This course, co-taught with Dr. Annette Lane (Athabasca U), aids students in understanding the complexities of aging - within ministry contexts and outside of them.
audit for $375
Enter "AUDIT" in the coupon code at checkout in order to not take the course for credit. Auditing means you are not required to complete assignments and the professor will not be reviewing your work. We strongly recommend full participation for maximum value.
- An increased knowledge of the transitions/challenges of older adults;
- A basic understanding of how illnesses impact how older adults experience transitions, as well as how they respond cognitively, emotionally and spiritually;
- An increased knowledge of the complex relationship between personhood in aging, making meaning, as well as transitions;
- An increased knowledge of how to provide spiritual care to older adults who are experiencing difficulties/crises in relation to transitions, a decreased sense of personhood, and a lack of meaning in life;
- A greater understanding of how his/her experiences impact how he/she responds to older adults experiencing challenges.
- Lectures 9
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes