audit for $375
Enter "AUDIT" in the coupon code at checkout in order to not take the course for credit. Auditing means you are not required to complete assignments and the professor will not be reviewing your work. We strongly recommend full participation for maximum value.
At the end of this course, students will:
- Articulate the basic goals of crisis counselling
- Recognize and demonstrate understanding of the dynamics involved in a crisis
- Demonstrate an understanding of and employ the steps of the ABC method of Crisis Intervention
- Be able to demonstrate competently the skills required in crisis intervention and be able to develop a plan of intervention
- Demonstrate the ability to observe a counselling session and provide positive feedback to classmates regarding strengths and areas for growth
- Relate the unique dynamics and interventions behind family crisis, divorce, grief and loss, and suicide
- Articulate the factors that impact how an individual responds to crisis events
- Describe how a crisis situation could potentially be a catalyst for positive change and growth
- Assess crisis situation or loss and grief experiences in their lives and the impact it has on their ability to work with clients experiencing similar life events
This course provides students with the opportunity to explore the dynamics, components, goals, and process of crisis counselling, providing practical application, through the use of triads, of strategies and interventions learned through lectures, class interaction, self-study, and fieldwork. This course will primarily focus on suicide crisis, crisis within family dynamics, divorce crisis, and crisis arising out of grief and loss.
P3545 Counselling Skills will give you the right foundation to get the most out of this course. If you are enrolled in a program, it is a required prerequisite. However, if you have equivalent life experience or other course work and would like to take the course, contact the academic dean.
- Lectures 5
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level Level 400
- Language English
- Students 0
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Weekly Lectures 5
You May Like
Enrollment opening soon