Community Rule of Life
1. We love God, the Church, other Christ followers, our neighbours, and our enemies.
2. ABC students and faculty/staff worship together in chapel weekly (College program) and once per course (PACE). We also worship and serve regularly in our local churches. We engage Scripture and pray both in solitude and community.
3. We honour God’s creation. In regards to the earth’s natural resources, we reduce, reuse, and recycle. In regards to our time and financial resources, we are wise and generous.
4. We honour God with our bodies by engaging in healthy patterns of eating, rest, and physical activity. To help us foster this
practice, we do not abuse alcohol or misuse drugs.
5. We seek a continual awareness of the presence, activity, and voice of God in our lives and in the world.
6. We use our words to encourage and build each other up. We speak directly to those with whom we have a concern. Our use of technology and social media is guided by these values.
7. We pursue holiness in all areas of life. This guides our entertainment choices regarding film, television, radio, the Internet, theatre, dance, and music.
8. We live chaste lives. That is, we practice sexual purity. We reject pornography or any other objectification of humans.
9. We submit to those in authority, unless their expectations are contrary to biblical truth.
10. We acknowledge that living in community is challenging, yet we sacrifice our individual liberty for the good of the community. When differences arise, we choose the course that demands greater personal restraint and self- discipline.
As a member of the ABC community, my desire is that these core values will become increasingly evident in my life. I choose to trust those in authority and Christian leadership to hold me accountable. I also acknowledge that non-compliance with the above could be sufficient reason to be asked to leave the college.