Unless otherwise stated, all scholarships are listed in Canadian dollars and will be administered in compliance with the following scholarship procedure and policies:
apply to tuition only and must be used over two semesters
must maintain a minimum 2.0 G.P.A. in all semesters of study to which the scholarship funding is applied, failure to maintain a 2.0 G.P.P requires repayment of scholarship monies received
Must be applied to the next academic year
Applied only to tuition
To a maximum of 75% of tuition per semester
Scholarships for Incoming Students
Scholarships are awarded by the Director’s Cabinet. Contact the Enrollment Office for further information or send in an email [email protected]
- A tuition scholarship of $2,000 is available to an incoming student in the College program showing superior academic achievement and ministry promise
- Recipient must be enrolled in full-time classes (12 or more credits), including Field Experience, for the fall semester
- Recipient must have at least a 90% average in the last two semesters of study (based on official transcript evaluation)
- Contact the President for further information.
- One tuition scholarship of $1,000 available to a new applicant
- Recipients must demonstrate athletic excellence during high school
- Application requires an essay demonstrating the integration of athletics and the Christian faith
- Applicants must complete an interview with ABC’s Student Development Team
A scholarship is available to accepted students who demonstrate exemplary service or leadership within the church.
Alberta Bible College will match the church’s contribution up to $1,000.
Recommendation and reference letter to be made by appropriate pastoral leadership.
A tuition scholarship of $1,000 is available to first year applicants
Application requires an essay and three references
- A $500 scholarship is available to students in Grade 11 or 12 who demonstrate exemplary service or leadership
- Camp Administration to nominate in writing (email acceptable)
Scholarships for Returning Students
Scholarships are awarded by the Director’s Cabinet by April 15. Contact the President for further details.
- A tuition scholarship of up to $1,500 is offered to students consistently involved in the evangelistic ministry of a local congregation.
One tuition scholarship of $1,200 available to a person doing or aspiring to do intercultural ministry.
- A tuition scholarship of $1,200 is available to a student enrolled at Alberta Bible College who is actively preaching and ministering in an under-served congregation.
- A tuition scholarship of up to $1,500 is available to a student showing consistent interest in working with youth.
- Tuition scholarship is available to current ABC students who provide satisfactory leadership through the Summer Ministry component of Field Experience.
Must be used in the academic year immediately following the period of summer ministry.
Two or more tuition scholarships of $1,500 per year are available to promising students who demonstrate financial need, and throughout the course of their studies, have shown a consistent interest and engagement in pastoral ministry, both in formal programming and/or informal initiative.
- A tuition scholarship of $1,200 is available to a female student who demonstrates commitment to children’s or women’s ministry.
- A tuition scholarship of up to $1,200 per year is available to a returning student who demonstrates consistent interest and engagement among people of other cultures.
- A scholarship, equivalent to one semester’s tuition, is awarded to the full-time student who demonstrates Christian character, academic excellence, student body involvement and Christian service in balance over the course of a full year of their program.
- Qualified Alberta students may apply for an Alberta Heritage Fund Scholarship.
- Forms are available from Alberta Heritage Scholarship Fund, Students’ Finance Board, 10th Floor, Baker Centre, 10025 – 106 St., Edmonton, Alberta T5J 1G7 http://advancededucation.alberta.ca/funding/scholarships.aspx
- In addition, many community organizations, banks, businesses and churches offer scholarships of their own.
- Check with the guidance counsellor of your local high school for scholarships, grants and bursaries in your local community.