ABC COVID-19 Response
Please call 403.282.2994 to make an appointment to visit with Enrollment staff. ABC is compliant with all current municipal, provincial, and federal health standards. Masks are now required inside the building.
In-person classes were permitted to resume as of June 10 when Stage 2 of Alberta’s summer re-opening plan began. As a result, we are planning for all classes in the fall semester to be facilitated in-person.
Students who have health concerns or other reasons for not attending in-person will be able to participate in their classes virtually. Contact [email protected].
Events including new student orientation, chapel, Community Praying of the Psalms, and other social events are being planned with Covid safety in mind.
- If you need to get into contact with the librarian please reach her at [email protected] and she will reply as quickly as possible.
- Reference items and textbooks can not be checked out, but we will scan sections and email them to you. Notify us as to the title of the item, it’s call number, and the section you need and we will see that you get them.
- The library has a TON of online resources. Check out our Research Resources in the sidebar on the right, and our instruction handouts posted here. I suggest you pay extra attention to our e-books (and the instructions on how to use them) as well as ATLA, our online journal database.
This is an extremely difficult and unusual time, but the library still aims to support you in your courses here at ABC. Our hearts and prayers go out to our city and our world as everyone is affected. Stay safe.
Tuesday – Friday: 9am-4pm
Saturday – Monday: Closed
*Available by appointment outside of open hours*
All students, faculty, and staff should use the Alberta Health Daily Checklist prior to coming to campus or participating in an in-person ABC event happening off-campus. Symptoms related to COVID-19 include:
- Shortness of Breath
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- Painful swallowing
- Nasal congestion
- Feeling unwell/fatigued
- Unexplained loss of appetite
- Loss of sense or taste or smell
- Muscle/joint aches
- Conjunctivitis (commonly known as pink eye)
- They are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19
- They have been tested for COVID-19
- They live with, or are a close contact of, someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
Sept 16, 2021 – In light of the new health measures announced September 15 in Alberta, in-person learning at ABC will continue. Masking and physical distancing of two metres will be required in classrooms and all other spaces on campus. Instructors may continue to remove their masks while teaching if physical distancing is maintained. Students continue to have the option to participate in classes virtually. Stay tuned for further communication regarding how the new health restrictions may impact ABC community life.