Exists to provide the students & faculty with the necessary resources to support the curriculum offered by the college
Library Changes in response to COVID-19
What's new at the library?
- Due to ABC’s closure the posted librarian hours calendar is now void. If you need to get into contact with the librarian for any reason, please reach her at [email protected] and she will reply as quickly as possible.
- No overdue fines will be charged for items checked out while we are closed. You may still receive overdue messages, but when the items are returned the fines will be waived.
- If you need a physical book, the library will be mailing out holds. Simply put a hold on the item you require in the catalog, or if you’re having troubles logging in, message me at [email protected] Further information about how to do this will be coming, but this service will be FREE.
- Reference items will not be mailed, but we will scan sections and email them to you. Notify us as to the title of the item, it’s call number, and the section you need and we will see that you get them.
- The library has a TON of online resources. Check out our Research Resources in the sidebar on the right, and our instruction handouts posted here. I suggest you pay extra attention to our e-books (and the instructions on how to use them) as well as ATLA, our online journal database.
This is an extremely difficult and unusual time, but the library still aims to support you in your courses here at ABC. Our hearts and prayers go out to our city and our world as everyone is affected. Stay safe.
Where is the Librarian?
For the same reason, we ask that cell phone conversations also be taken out of the library space.
Drinks are dangerous to… but we really don’t want to take that away if we don’t have to. Therefore, drinks in SEALED containers are allowed, like coffee travel mugs or water bottles. However, an open mug from the student center just won’t cut it, sorry.
We do also charge overdue fines, though those are a bit more flexible. Though they cost 50 cents per day, per item, we AREN’T going to charge you just because a librarian wasn’t in that day to check them in. ABC is in the business of grace, so if you have any questions about charges on your account, please come to talk to the librarian in person and we’ll see what we can do.