Applicants who are not current Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents will require a Study Permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). All potential applicants must provide the following:
• Completed International Preliminary Information Form International Preliminary Information Form (PDF);
• All appropriate legal and official documentation verifying eligibility to attend ABC (i.e. official transcripts, high school verification, English competency test scores, etc.);
• Financial confirmation proving educational costs and living expenses can be covered;
• Transfer Credit Evaluation (mandatory for students who want to transfer credits to ABC).
Contact IQAS. There is a $200 (CAD) fee paid to IQAS.
Please be advised that Alberta Bible College does not provide scholarships to International Students.
For further information, see the Government of Canada’s page regarding Study in Canada: Visas, Work and Immigration for International Students.
International Students can apply for any ABC degree, diploma or certificate program.
Tuition & Costs
|Total Program Cost||$54,000||$2260||$4000||$60,260|
ABC reserves the right to increase tuition and fee costs as circumstances may require.
Please be advised there are no international student scholarships available from Alberta Bible College.
- Calgary is an expensive city to reside in. Students should budget for living costs – food, rent, utilities, transportation medical/dental, clothing, etc. – for the length of the entire estimated study period to complete the degree program (48 months).
- Please be advised that the average monthly living expenses could vary between $1100 and $1500. However, students may be able to live more economically by sharing accommodations with other students or community members.
- Staff at the college can assist international students in locating community residential options but Alberta Bible College does not have dorms or on-campus housing and the responsibility for choosing economical and appropriate accommodations rests with the student.
International Student Development
Alberta Bible College is committed to the holistic support and development of its international students, each of whom has unique needs and contributions to make to our multi-cultural learning community. The following services are available to incoming international students:
- Assistance in finding suitable housing in Calgary
- Coaching in applying for Alberta Health Care coverage
- Information regarding local medical services
- On-campus gymnasium and exercise space for student use
- Academic advising from the Registrar and/or Academic Dean to chart a course of study that meets the student’s personal goals
- Orientation to ABC’s academic philosophy, core values, and policies/procedures
- Nurturing relationships with classroom instructors and peers in a learning environment featuring small class sizes
- Ongoing research support offered through the Library
- See Student Development information found in both the College and PACE Program sections
- Access to faculty/staff who are available for students who want to talk about life
- Information regarding, and referrals to, community resources including psychologists and counsellors, as well as to immigrant and legal support services
- Introduction to ABC student life during student orientation sessions
- Orientation to living in Calgary at student orientation sessions (e.g., transit system, food purchasing, 911 emergency services)
- Complimentary Community Lunches (College Program)
- Ongoing student body activities on and off campus
- Regular chapel gatherings for worship and encouragement
- Assistance in getting engaged in a local community of worship
ABC operates in compliance to Bill C-35, An Act to Amend the Immigration and Refugee Protection A.
All questions regarding immigration matters must be directed to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and its representatives. Alberta Bible College does not consult nor function in the role of consultant in regards to immigration concerns. Please contact the Government of Canada directly.