Alberta Bible College began in the midst of the Great Depression July, 1932, founded by Charles H. Phillips in the city of Lethbridge. ABC soon moved to it's current hometown of Calgary, Alberta.
We are “Christians only, not the only Christians.”
Partners & Affiliates
Alberta Bible College is committed to your education, and its usefulness to the church and society we live in, as well as its recognition by the larger academic community. Our partners are very important to us and to our students. Here are the groups we are currently affiliated with:
- The Government of Alberta, by a special act of incorporation, granted Alberta Bible College a charter to grant degrees, diplomas, and certificates;
- The Canada Student Loans Plan recognizes Alberta Bible College as a designated institution;
- Member of the Canadian Centre for Christian Charities;
- Most Canadian Bible Colleges have accepted Alberta Bible College credit transfer;
- Most seminaries and Christian graduate schools in Canada and the United States have accepted Alberta Bible College degrees as meeting their entrance requirements;
- Various Canadian universities have granted transfer of credit for certain ABC courses.
- Alberta Bible College is accredited with Association of Biblical Higher Education (ABHE).
WHAT MAKES US STAND OUT
ABC is committed to your education, its usefulness to the church and society we live in, as well as its recognition that lives on the cutting edge of modern educational models seeking to find and develop the skills, knowledge and attitude within our students. This is achieved through linking classroom study with practical hands on experience to deeply integrate knowledge with action. This is at the heart of our unique transformational learning model.
In addition to classroom study we have developed a support network around our students to help them to succeed in every area of their lives. Students spend time working one-on-one with a professional career and life coach to help set personal and career goals and understand the path they need to follow for these goals to be achieved.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
That Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God; and, as such, is Head of His body, the Church. (Matthew 16:16; Colossians 1:18)
That He died to atone for the sins of all people and that He was raised from the dead for their justification. (Romans 4:25)
That people are justified by faith in Him according to the terms of the Gospel laid down in the New Testament. (John 3:16; Acts 2:38; Romans 10:9-10)
That the Holy Spirit lives in all Christians, gifting them for ministry, and producing the fruit of the Spirit. (I Corinthians 12:4; Galatians 5:22-23)
That the Bible is the inspired Word of God and that the New Testament is the all sufficient guide for the teaching, organization, and life of the Church. (II Timothy 3:14-16)
That we seek the unity of all believers by practicing biblical Christianity. (John 17:20; Ephesians 4:1-13)
That the mission of the Church worldwide is evangelism and Christian nurture. (Matthew 28:18-20).